Awaken Your Jaguar: The Lost Art of Shamanic Heart Navigation
April 12-14th, 2019. Traverse City, MI
with Jeff Nixa JD, MDiv.
- Friday 7p-9p: Welcome, Introductory talk, book-signing (love donation)
- Saturday 9a-5p: The Shamanic Heart Path: Ancient Wisdom for Navigating Modern Life, $65
- Sunday 9a-5p: Fire Talks: Introduction to Shamanic Counseling methods, $65
The most important task we have is to discover what we are here for: to know our soul’s purpose and to bring that unique gift- our ‘medicine’- fully alive in the world. But how do we find our true purpose? Who can be trusted to show us? And how do we begin living a life more aligned to our hearts without falling back into old patterns of helplessness, anxiety, busyness, or self-doubt?
This weekend program will introduce you to the powerful healing and empowering practices of the Heart Path, a soulful, time-tested, strength-based approach to living rooted in the earth-honoring spiritual traditions of world shamanism. Saturday’s workshop will provide an overview of shamanic healing with key practices for awakening one’s “inner jaguar”, the instinctual power and capability of the heart. Sunday’s program will expand on Saturday’s work and teach a basic Fire Talk (shamanic counseling) practice for breaking old patterns by directly engaging with the spirits of our inner fears and wounding patterns in a safe and structured way that can transform our deepest fears into our greatest allies and teachers.
Learnings from this weekend program will include:
- An overview of shamanic spiritual traditions, the nature-based wisdom common to all our ancestors worldwide.
- A process for getting clear on your own heart: your unique spiritual Center or core self, and visioning forward from that Center for a more joyful, purposeful life ahead.
- A method for identifying the particular barriers you have (both conscious and unconscious) to moving forward on that vision for your life
- Shamanic journeys to directly connect you with your spirit guide(s) for support, practical information, and guidance in this process.
- A demonstration of the fire talk counseling process, with a volunteer from the group
- Practicing the fire talk counseling process in small groups, learning to directly engage with the spirits of one’s fears for releasing of old patterns, and restoring vital energy
- Practical advice on moving forward on your own heart path, while protecting your progress from self-sabotage, criticism from others, and real life difficulties
This program will be of particular value to those in the healing/helping fields of medicine, nursing, teaching, psychology, social work, ministry and pastoral counseling. Those with prior shamanic training will find a powerful approach for going deeper in one’s personal life and healing practice not taught in standard “core shamanism” programs.